Albania - Import Requirements and DocumentationAlbania - Import Requirements
The importer is responsible to provide the necessary import documents to customs. The following are the main documents required for imports and exports, though U.S. exporters should consult with importers for a complete list of required documents:
- Certificate of the quality of goods;
- Certificate of the analysis of goods;
- Certificate of the origin of goods;
- Original purchase invoice and terms of delivery (sales contract for the good is optional);
- Transportation documents (CMR, BL, AWB);
- VAT number of importer;
- Import authorization for certain goods.
It is obligatory to describe the sanitary characteristics of food or medical products. Drugs and medical equipment must be registered with the National Center of Drugs and Medical Equipment to be imported into the country. Certain products require import permits.Prepared by our U.S. Embassies abroad. With its network of 108 offices across the United States and in more than 75 countries, the U.S. Commercial Service of the U.S. Department of Commerce utilizes its global presence and international marketing expertise to help U.S. companies sell their products and services worldwide. Locate the U.S. Commercial Service trade specialist in the U.S. nearest you by visiting http://export.gov/usoffices.
Albania Import Regulations Trade Development and Promotion