Privacy Shield News and Events
Privacy Shield-Related News
- January 17: Commerce Seeks a Contractor for the Privacy Shield Arbitration Mechanism
- January 11: United States, Switzerland Finalize Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework
- October 18: International Trade Administration press release on Privacy Shield certifications
- July 12: Remarks by U.S. Secretary of Commerce Penny Pritzker at EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework Press Conference
Privacy Shield-Related Outreach Events
- June 12-13 (Chicago, IL): PLI Institute on Privacy and Data Security Law
- May 30-31 (New York, NY): PLI Institute on Privacy and Data Security Law
- May 15-16 (Berlin, Germany): Caitlin Fennessy will give a Privacy Shield keynote at the 7th Annual Europe Data Protection Days conference
- May 8-9: (San Francisco, CA): PLI Institute on Privacy and Data Security Law
- April 19-20: ITA, FTC and European Commission officials will speak on a Privacy Shield panel at the IAPP Global Privacy Summit; Privacy Shield Administrators will also offer free one-on-one consultations
- April 5: Webinar: What the Future Holds for EU-U.S. Privacy Shield
- March 15-16 (Washington, DC): Officials from ITA, the FTC and UK Information Commissioner's Office will speak on a Privacy Shield Panel at the IAPP Europe Data Protection Intensive; Privacy Shield Administrators will also offer free one-on-one consultations
- February 3 (New York, NY): Director of the Office of Digital Services Industries Krysten Jenci will speak at AIJI's one-day seminar Lost in Privacy? How to Tackle Transatlantic Data Protection Challenges
- November 9-10 (Brussels, Belgium): Deputy Assistant Secretary Dean will speak on a Privacy Shield panel at the IAPP Europe Data Protection Conference.
- October 24-26 (Washington, DC): Department of Commerce Counselor Justin Antonipillai will speak on Privacy Shield at the Privacy & Security Forum.
- October 20 (Marrakesh, Morocco): The Privacy Shield Team will host an industry briefing on the Privacy Shield as a side event at the International Conference of Data Protection and Privacy Commissioners.
- September 22 (Berlin, Germany): Deputy Assistant Secretary Ted Dean will give keynote remarks on the Privacy Shield at the Privacy Conference – Finding Common Ground.
- September 19-20 (San Jose, CA): Two of the Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield administrators will be on hand at the IAPP Privacy. Security. Risk. (P.S.R.) conference for free one-on-one consultations with organizations preparing to self-certify to the Privacy Shield. The consultation will be company-specific, providing organizations an opportunity to ask questions regarding Privacy Shield benefits and requirements and seek tailored assistance as they prepare to self-certify. Sign up here for a free 20-minute consultation. The conference itself will also feature several Privacy Shield-specific panels with speakers from the Department of Commerce, Federal Trade Commission, European Commission, and industry.
- September 14 (Washington, DC): ITA's Director of the Office of Digital Services Industries will speak about Privacy Shield at a meeting of the National Council of International Trade Development.
- September 13-14 (San Francisco, CA): ITA's Director of the Office of Digital Services Industries will speak about European privacy issues, including Privacy Shield, at a “Startup Europe Comes to Silicon Valley” event on September 12 and then at a transatlantic policy workshop sponsored by the Information Technology Industry Council on September 13.
- September 12 (New York, NY): The Practicing Law Institute (PLI) will host a Privacy Shield Boot Camp from 9:00 a.m. -1:30 p.m. to help interested organizations prepare to self-certify to the Privacy Shield. The event will feature officials from the Privacy Shield team, the U.S. Federal Trade Commission, the Department of State as well as industry and legal practitioners.
Additional Privacy Shield-Related Resources
- Privacy Shield Self-Certification Webinar: During this one-hour webinar hosted by TRUSTe, a representative of the Privacy Shield team explains the self-certification process.