Malaysia - Import Requirements and DocumentationMalaysia - Import Requirements
The following documents are required by Malaysian customs for exporting products to Malaysia:
- Packing list
- Delivery letter
- Leaflet, catalogue or other related documents
- Insurance certificate, if insured
- Bill of lading / airway bill
- Letter of credit (if used)
- Permit, licenses/ certificates
- Proof of fare payment
- A declaration form (Customs Form No. 1) that indicates the number, description of packages/ crates, value, weight, quantity and type of goods and country of origin
- Completed Custom forms should be submitted to Customs offices at the place where the goods are imported or exported.
- All duties/ custom taxes imposed on imported goods will need to be paid in advance before the goods can be released. Taxes to be paid include import tax and sales tax.
Additional documentation may be required to certify U.S. content. U.S. exporters are advised to confirm documentary requirements before shipping.Prepared by our U.S. Embassies abroad. With its network of 108 offices across the United States and in more than 75 countries, the U.S. Commercial Service of the U.S. Department of Commerce utilizes its global presence and international marketing expertise to help U.S. companies sell their products and services worldwide. Locate the U.S. Commercial Service trade specialist in the U.S. nearest you by visiting http://export.gov/usoffices.
Malaysia Import Regulations Trade Development and Promotion