Ethiopia - Import Requirements and DocumentationEthiopia - Import Requirements
Imports to Ethiopia require:
- Agency agreement;
- A bank permit;
- A bill of lading or airway bill;
- Certificate of origin;
- Commercial invoices;
- Customs import declaration;
- Foreign exchange authorization;
- Import license;
- Insurance certificate;
- Packing list;
- Tax identification number (TIN) certificate;
- Pre-shipment inspection clean report of findings;
- Transit document;
- Value added tax (VAT) Certificate.
Medicines, medical supplies, and medical equipment must be registered with the Ethiopian Food and Drag Authority (EFDA). A Certificate of Analysis (COA) is also required for processed food and pharmaceuticals.
Plants or plant products, including seeds, agricultural inputs such as chemicals, pesticides and fertilizers cannot be imported to Ethiopia unless registered and duly authorized for import by the Ministry of Agriculture.
Ethiopia Import Regulations